UPSC CDS 1 2021 Notification
UPSC CDS 1 2021: The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) will issue the notification for Combined Defence Services Examination (I) 2021 (CDS 1 2021) on its official website – upsc.gov.in on 28 October 2020. All the candidates who want to appear for UPSC CDS 1 Exam 2021 can apply on the Commission’s application portal from 28 October to 17 November 2020 after the notification is issued.
According to the UPSC calendar, the UPSC CDS 1 exam is scheduled to be held on 07 February 2021 (Sunday). The candidates who qualify in the examination will be called for intelligence and personality test in the service selection board.
Selected candidates will get admission in Indian Military Academy (IMA), Indian Naval Academy (INA), Ezhimala-Dehradun, Air Force Academy, Hyderabad, Officers Training Academy, Chennai (Madras) and Officers Training Academy, Chennai. Final selection will be done on the basis of merit of vacancies available in medical fitness and all other cases.
Candidates can check more details of UPSC CDS 1 Recruitment 2021 like eligibility, selection process, application process by scrolling down based on the previous year’s notification:
UPSC CDS 1 2021 Important Dates
- Opening Date of UPSC CDS 1 Application: 28 October 2020
- Last Date of UPSC CDS 1 Online Application: 07 November 2020
- UPSC CDS 1 Exam Date: 07 February 2021
UPSC CDS 1 2021 Vacancy Details:
The candidates will get admission to:
- Indian Military Academy, Dehradun
- Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala
- Air Force Academy, Hyderabad
- Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai (Madras)
- Officers Training Academy, Chennai
UPSC CDS 1 Exam 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Educational/Technical Qualification & Experience:
- For I.M.A. and Officers’ Training Academy – Degree from a recognised University or equivalent.
- For Indian Naval Academy – Degree in Engineering from a recognised University/Institution.
- For Air Force Academy – Degree of a recognised University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering.
- Graduates with first choice as Army/Navy/Air Force are to submit proof of Graduation/provisional certificates on the date of commencement of the SSB Interview at the SSB.
- Candidates who are studying in the final year/semester Degree course and have yet to pass the final year degree examination can also apply provided candidate should not have any present backlog upto the last semester / year for which results have been declared upto the time of submission of application
Selection Process for UPSC CDS 1 2021
The selection process will be done on the basis of:
Written Examination – Candidates who successfully fill the application will be called for objective type written exam.
UPSC CDS Exam Pattern:
For Admission to Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy and Air Force Academy:
|General Knowledge||100||2 hours|
|Elementary Mathematics||100||2 hours|
For Admission to Officer Training Academy:
|General Knowledge||100||2 hours|
There will be Negative Marking for wrong answers
The standard of the papers in Elementary Mathematics will be of Matriculation level. The standard of papers in other subjects will approximately be such as may be expected of a graduate of an Indian University.
UPSC CDS 1 Admit Card 2021
The admit card will be made available on the official website of UPSC three weeks before the commencement of the examination.
Intelligence and Personality Test – Candidates are shortlisted on the basis of their performance in the written examination will be called for the intelligence and personality test at the Service Selection Board. candidates who qualify in the written exam and given their first choice as army (IMA/OTA) are required to register themselves on the recruiting directorate website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in in order to enable them to receive call up information for SSB Interview. Those candidates who have already registered on the recruiting directorate website are advised not to register again.
How to Apply for UPSC CDS 1 Exam 2021 ?
Interested Candidates can apply for UPSC CDS 1 Exam 2021 on the official site of UPSC at upsc.gov.in from 28 October to 17 November 2020.