UGC NET June 2020 – The Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India (GOI), has established National Testing Agency (NTA) as an independent, Autonomous and self- sustained premier organization under the Societies Registration Act, 1860, registered as a self-reliant and self-sustained premier Testing organization.
UGC NET June 2020
National Testing Agency has Released UGC NET June 2020 Notification for the Recruitment of UGC-NET for ‘Assistant Professor’ and ‘Junior Research Fellowship and Assistant Professor’ in June 2020.
UGC NET June 2020 Dates
- Online Submission of Application Form – 16 March – 16 April 2020 (upto 11:50 pm)
- Last date of successful transaction of fee Through Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking/Paytm – 17 April 2020 (upto 11:50 pm)
- Correction in particulars of Application Form on Website only – 18 April to 24 April 2020
- Downloading of Admit Cards from NTA website – 15 May, 2020
- Dates of Examination – 15 June 2020 to 20 June 2020
- Declaration of UGC NET June 2020 Result – 5 July 2020
- General/Unreserved – Rs. 1000/-
- Gen-EWS*/ OBC-NCL** – Rs. 500/-
- SC/ST/PwD/Transgender – Rs. 250/-
UGC NET Eligibility
(i) General/Unreserved/General-EWS candidates who have secured at least 55% Marks (without rounding off) in Master’s Degree or equivalent examination from Universities/institutions recognized by UGC (available on the website: www.ugc.ac.in/oldpdf/consolidated%20list%20of%20All%20universities.pdf in Humanities and Social Science(including languages), Computer Science and Applications, Electronic Science etc. Are eligible for this Test. List of subjects at Post Graduation level is attached as Annexure-IV. The Other Backward Classes (OBC) belonging to Non-Creamy Layer/Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST)/Persons with Disability (PwD)/Transgender category Candidates who have secured at least 50% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s degree or equivalent examination are eligible for this Test.
(ii) Candidates who are pursuing their Master’s degree or equivalent course or Candidates who have appeared for their qualifying Master’s degree (final year) Examination and whose result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying Examinations have been delayed may also apply for this test. However, such Candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible for Award of JRF/eligibility for Assistant Professor only after they have passed their Master’s Degree or equivalent examination with at least 55% marks (50% Marks in case of OBC-NCL/SC/ST/PwD/Transgender category candidates). Such candidates must complete their Master degree or equivalent examination Within two years from the date of NET result with required percentage of marks, Failing which they shall be treated as disqualified.
(iii) The transgender category would be eligible to draw the same relaxation in fee, Age and qualifying criteria for NET (i.e. JRF and Assistant Professor) as are Available to SC/ST/PwD categories. The subject wise cut-offs for this category Should be the lowest among those for SC/ST/PwD/OBC–NCL categories in the Corresponding subject.
(iv) The Ph.D. degree holders whose Master’s level examination have been Completed by 19 September 1991 (irrespective of date of declaration of result) Shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (i.e. from 55% to 50%) for appearing in NET. The list of Post-Graduation courses and their codes is given at official Notification.
(v) Candidates are advised to appear in the subject of their Post Graduation only. The candidates, whose Post Graduation subject is not covered in the list of NET Subjects, may appear in a related subject.
(vi) Candidates are neither required to send any certificates/documents in Support of their eligibility nor printout of their Application Form or Confirmation Page to NTA. However, the candidates, in their own interest, must Ensure themselves about their eligibility for the test. In the event of any ineligibility Being detected by the UGC/NTA at any stage, their candidature will be cancelled And they shall be liable for legal action. NTA does not verify the information Provided by the candidates during online registration and hence candidature will Be purely provisional subject to the fulfillment of eligibility criteria.
(vi) Candidates with post-graduate diploma/certificate awarded by Indian University/ Institute or foreign degree/diploma/certificate awarded by the foreign University/ Institute should in their own interest, ascertain the equivalence of their Diploma/degree/ certificate with Master’s degree of recognized Indian universities From Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi (www.aiu.ac.in). The Candidates with Master’s degree in Law awarded by foreign universities should in Their own interest, ascertain the equivalence of their Master’s degree with Corresponding Master’s degree of recognized Indian universities from the Bar Council of India (BCI).
- JRF – Not more than 30 years as on 01.06.2020.
- Assistant Professor – There is no upper age limit in applying for UGC-NET for Assistant Professor.
- Age relaxation is applicable as per rules.
The selection will be on the basis of Computer Based Test (CBT).
How to Apply For UGC NET June 2020
- Candidates can apply for UGC-NET June 2020 in “Online” mode only.
- Log on to NTA website ugcnet.nta.nic.in and click on the “Apply Online” Button under UGC-NET June 2020.
- Download Information Bulletin and Replica of Application Form. Read these Carefully to ensure your eligibility and acquaint yourself with the Requirements for submission of Online Application Form.
- Apply for Online Registration using unique Email Id and Mobile No.
- Complete Online Application Form and note down the system Generated Application No.
- Upload scanned images of Candidate’s Photograph and Candidate’s Signature in JPG/JPEG format.
- Make payment of fee through SBI /Syndicate/HDFC /ICICI /Paytm Payment Gateway (Debit/Credit Card or Net Banking/Paytm) and Keep proof of fee paid.
UGC NET June 2020 Important Links
FAQs on UGC NET June 2020
What is UGC NET Full Form?
UGC NET Stands For University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test
What is UGC NET exam?
UGC NET is a test to determine Eligibility for college and university level lectureship And for the award of Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) for Indian nationals. It aims to ensure minimum standards for the Entrants in teaching professions and research. On Behalf of the University Grants Commission (UGC), The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) Holds the test for determining the eligibility of Indian Nationals for the Eligibility for Assistant Professor Only or Junior Research Fellowship and Eligibility for Assistant Professor both in Indian universities and Colleges.
What is the UGC NET June 2020 Exam Date?
15 June 2020 to 20 June 2020
What is the maximum age limit to apply for UGC NET June 2020?
The Upper Age limit for JRF Not more than 30 years as on 01.06.2020 and There is no upper age limit in applying for UGC-NET for Assistant Professor.
What is the last date to submit the application fee?
17 April 2020 (upto 11:50 pm)